Cezary Nolewajka

I have a MMIT installation problem. When I run the install of the MMIT 1.0
it says it's installed compeletely, but the machine.config remains unchanged
(no deviceFilter and no mobileControls entries are written to the machine
config). The System.Web.Mobile.dll gets installed.

This results in all WAP applications failing with the error:

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section 'mobileControls'
(it's missing in the machine.config)

Consequently, the Mobile Device Update fails to install too.

This happend after I first had installed a WAP application and the MMIT
afterwards.

To remedy the problem, I unistalled all the WAP applications and MMIT and
then first installed MMIT. But this didn't help. The machine.config still
has no MMIT entries.

I manually entered all the entries in the machine.config (imported from
another environment where MMIT succesfully installed). This allowed the WAP
applications to run, but still prevents the Mobile Device Update from
installing properly (the install gets rolled back).

The bad luck is, that this is a production environment and I am not able to
reinstall the whole .Net Framework on this server off hand. Is there any
chance I could remove both all WAP applications and MMIT in a way that would
allow a proper installation from the scratch?

I would be very grateful for any help resulting in a solution to this
problem.

Regards,
Cezary Nolewajka
mailto:czarek@spam-me-not.homemail.com

1 Answer

lk910439

hi,
I have the same problem. Does anyone have any solution to
this?
Thank you