Jimm Collin

11/18/2002 12:29:00 AM

Has Microsoft dropped support for the Microsoft Mobile
Explorer Emulator. When I try to use the like in the MMIT
documentation I get a page not found - and I seems that
there isn't a trace of the MME to be found anywhere on
the MSDN site. Am I missing something....?

Jimm
3 Answers

(Patrick C. Cole (MS))

Jimm,

Can you elaborate further on the error and the steps you are doing to
produce the error?

MME 3.0 is part of MMIT 1.0, so you should have this already installed on
your dev machine if you have MMT 1.0 installed.

Patrick Cole
Microsoft Developer Support

You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
--------------------
| From: "Jimm Collin" <jcollin@gcsx.net>
| Sender: "Jimm Collin" <jcollin@gcsx.net>
| Subject: Cannot find the MME_3.0
| Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 15:29:13 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
|
| Has Microsoft dropped support for the Microsoft Mobile
| Explorer Emulator. When I try to use the like in the MMIT
| documentation I get a page not found - and I seems that
| there isn't a trace of the MME to be found anywhere on
| the MSDN site. Am I missing something....?
|
| Jimm

Jimm Collin

Sorry,=20

Guess I didn't word that last message corectly - what I=20
really need to know is where do I find a copy of the=20
emulator software. Every link I try to follow tells me=20
that the page doesn't exist any more.

Jimm=20

already installed on=20
>your dev machine if you have MMT 1.0 installed.
>
>Patrick Cole
>Microsoft Developer Support
>
>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and=20
confers no rights.
>You assume all risk for your use. =A9 2002 Microsoft=20
Corporation. All rights=20
>reserved.
>--------------------
>| From: "Jimm Collin" <jcollin@gcsx.net>
>| Sender: "Jimm Collin" <jcollin@gcsx.net>
>| Subject: Cannot find the MME_3.0
>| Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 15:29:13 -0800
>| Newsgroups:=20
>| X-Tomcat-NG:=20
>|=20
>| Has Microsoft dropped support for the Microsoft Mobile=20
>| Explorer Emulator. When I try to use the like in the=20
MMIT=20
>| documentation I get a page not found - and I seems=20
that=20
>| there isn't a trace of the MME to be found anywhere on=20
>| the MSDN site. Am I missing something....?
>|=20
>| Jimm=20
>|=20
>
>.

(Patrick C. Cole (MS))

Jimm,

The emulator software is part of the Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit. I
am unaware of a standalone installation/download for the emulator outside
of the MMIT Toolkit.

Patrick Cole
Microsoft Developer Support

You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
--------------------
| From: "Jimm Collin" <jcollin@gcsx.net>
| Sender: "Jimm Collin" <jcollin@gcsx.net>
| Subject: RE: Cannot find the MME_3.0
| Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:36:53 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
|
| Sorry,
| Guess I didn't word that last message corectly - what I
| really need to know is where do I find a copy of the
| emulator software. Every link I try to follow tells me
| that the page doesn't exist any more.
| Jimm

| >|
| >| Has Microsoft dropped support for the Microsoft Mobile
| >| Explorer Emulator. When I try to use the like in the
| MMIT
| >| documentation I get a page not found - and I seems
| that
| >| there isn't a trace of the MME to be found anywhere on
| >| the MSDN site. Am I missing something....?
| >|
| >| Jimm
| >|