saving a dataset to a Pocket PC 2002 device

nazri

10/31/2002 3:12:00 AM

Hi ! I am developing a mobile web application running on
Pocket PC 2002. I need to save a dataset in the device so
that it can retrieved later when the user access the
application at a later time.This dataset is used to store
a history of database accesses the user has made during
his last usage of the application. Is this possible and
any ideas how it can be done ? Any help is deeply
appreciated!!
2 Answers

Tim Brooks

Why don't you just save this info as a cookie? Otherwise, you might
consider generating a XML diffgram that you then save on the PDA.

tb

"Nazri" <MohammadNazri@techsemicon.com.sg> wrote in message
> Hi ! I am developing a mobile web application running on
> Pocket PC 2002. I need to save a dataset in the device so
> that it can retrieved later when the user access the
> application at a later time.This dataset is used to store
> a history of database accesses the user has made during
> his last usage of the application. Is this possible and
> any ideas how it can be done ? Any help is deeply
> appreciated!!

(kriso)

If it is not a browser based app then you can save it to a local SQL
CE database. That's what I have done in one of my apps and it works
great.

Krish