Ed

10/25/2002 6:16:00 PM

My users have been using an Access 97 application that
we are converting to the web and ASP.NET. The Access
application has fields with many forms. Many of the
fields are phone, fax and zip numbers. The access
application has edit masks for these fields that force
the user to enter things like phone numbers in a specific
format, like 999-999-9999. The edit mask has the dashes
in the field. I already have validation for these field
using a validation control in the asp.net application,
but the textbox does not have dashes in it as found in the
MS Access version. I personally did not thing this was
a big deal, but the people that I am writing the
application for keep commenting about the "missing" dashes.
Are there any other controls that can give them what they
want, either from Microsoft or 3rd pary. Is there a
clever Java script client side way of doing this.
Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

- Ed Band