InteropServices error in GDI+ Save - Can any one help?

Alex Crookes

10/25/2002 12:10:00 AM

I've an app in which I'm trying to dynamically create
images of a given size and bit depth available for
download - The method of download is fixed (it can only be
from a static URL) and the methods for creating the images
work. What doesn't work is my attempts to "cache" the
item.

The app allows the user a brief preview as well as
generating the image with a unique name per user (but
always the same per user) in a web addressable part of the
file system. That bit works fine. What doesn't is if the
user goes back and tries to browse another image. Often it
works, but about 3 out of 10 times, it'll throw a
System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException - the
text listed is actually a generic error occurred in GDI+.
Method:Save.

Now, I assume this is just the same method as file.save
and that I am actually running foul of system caching.
This may be outside the scope of questioning here, but is
there any way I can control it so that it is available to
re-write as and when required?