[ANN] Kashmir/Elusion 0.2

Christian Neukirchen

3/18/2005 3:59:00 PM

Hello,

This is the first public release of Kashmir/Elusion.

Kashmir is an advanced templating engine for Ruby featuring an easy,
pragmatic syntax and efficient generated code.

Kashmir tries to walk on the small path between the mess of raw
evaluated Ruby like ERB and the clinical sterileness of data-driven
templating like Amrita.

Kashmir encourages you to define a Model for your View and call its
methods, but allows you as well to evaluate any code you want (though
you never have to).

Kashmir can provide automatic escaping of generated output to lower
the possibility of cross-side scripting attacks.

Kashmir is output-format agnostic, it can be used to generate all kind
of text files.

Kashmir ships with Elusion, an easy to use helper-library to realize
Amrita2-like active templates.

Kashmir is licensed under the same terms as Ruby itself.

Documentation can be found at
<http://chneuk.../rep.../....

You can download Kashmir at

http://chneuk.../releases/kashmir-0....

Or get it using

darcs get http://chneuk.../rep...

The official Kashmir/Elusion page is

http://chneuk.../blog/static/projects/ka...

Please mail bugs, suggestions and patches to chneukirchen@gmail.com.

ecbce9d6c4bb556cbc531e24603ceb4e kashmir-0.2.0.tar.gz
--
Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen@gmail.com> http://chneuk...

13 Answers

Luke Graham

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 00:58:32 +0900, Christian Neukirchen
<chneukirchen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is the first public release of Kashmir/Elusion.

Where were you last week??? ;)

--
spooq

Hal E. Fulton

Luke Graham wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 00:58:32 +0900, Christian Neukirchen
> <chneukirchen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>This is the first public release of Kashmir/Elusion.
>

> Where were you last week??? ;)

Coding, apparently. :)

Hal

Christian Neukirchen

Luke Graham <spoooq@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 00:58:32 +0900, Christian Neukirchen
> <chneukirchen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> This is the first public release of Kashmir/Elusion.
>
> Where were you last week??? ;)

What was last week?

--
Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen@gmail.com> http://chneuk...

Luke Graham

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 20:38:50 +0900, Christian Neukirchen
<chneukirchen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Luke Graham <spoooq@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 00:58:32 +0900, Christian Neukirchen
> > <chneukirchen@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> This is the first public release of Kashmir/Elusion.
> >
> > Where were you last week??? ;)
>
> What was last week?

Last week at work for me was trying to solve the same problem
that youve just solved.

--
spooq

Christian Neukirchen

Luke Graham <spoooq@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 20:38:50 +0900, Christian Neukirchen
> <chneukirchen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Luke Graham <spoooq@gmail.com> writes:

>> > Where were you last week??? ;)
>>
>> What was last week?
>
> Last week at work for me was trying to solve the same problem
> that youve just solved.

That's very nice. :-) Do you have any code to share?

--
Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen@gmail.com> http://chneuk...

Luke Graham

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:09:36 +0900, Christian Neukirchen
<chneukirchen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Luke Graham <spoooq@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 20:38:50 +0900, Christian Neukirchen
> > <chneukirchen@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> What was last week?
> >
> > Last week at work for me was trying to solve the same problem
> > that youve just solved.
>
> That's very nice. :-) Do you have any code to share?

I put an early version in another thread, I think it was called
"tree transformation insight required". I can post a newer
version on Monday if youre really keen.

--
spooq

Christian Neukirchen

Luke Graham <spoooq@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:09:36 +0900, Christian Neukirchen
> <chneukirchen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Last week at work for me was trying to solve the same problem
>> > that youve just solved.
>>
>> That's very nice. :-) Do you have any code to share?
>
> I put an early version in another thread, I think it was called
> "tree transformation insight required". I can post a newer
> version on Monday if youre really keen.

Oh yeah, now I recall. Did you really use XSLT for that?

--
Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen@gmail.com> http://chneuk...

Luke Graham

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:53:26 +0900, Christian Neukirchen
<chneukirchen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Luke Graham <spoooq@gmail.com> writes:

> >> That's very nice. :-) Do you have any code to share?
> >
> > I put an early version in another thread, I think it was called
> > "tree transformation insight required". I can post a newer
> > version on Monday if youre really keen.
>
> Oh yeah, now I recall. Did you really use XSLT for that?

I wrote a bit to get the feel of it but then figured I needed a tangible
result sooner than the amount of time it would take to convert the fairly
large amount of work I had in my original script. Once the first
release is out I'll go back and revise it, assuming theres time.

--
spooq

Jeff

On Dec 14, 2:09 pm, Jim Beam <Tenbeers1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 14, 12:19 pm, Jeff <yourimageunre...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > This was back in the sixties and I was only in first grade.
> > > This was in a Catholic school, she thought I was the "devil".
> > > Sister Mary Elephant she wasn't, my parents put me in a public
> > > school after that.
>
> > Did things get better for you after that? I was in a public
> > school, and my 5th grade teacher would be excellent
> > with the kids of today....who are out of line. I'm going
> > to check the Social security death records to see if
> > she's still alive...but I doubt it. She was probably about
> > 47 years old in 1965. I've never found a place to locate
> > our old teachers, but I always kept in contact with my
> > first grade teacher in 1961. She grew up with my
> > grandmother, and lived till the old age of 89, and
> > died in 1989. She never married or even had a
> > boyfriend for the 34 years I knew her. Her mother
> > wouldn't let her date...and she spent her whole
> > entire life caring for her mother..and of course
> > the kids. Pretty sad really.
>
> > Jeff- Hide quoted text -

> Yes things turned out okay, I guess.

That's great.

Jeff

On Dec 14, 1:15 pm, Mack A. Damia <mybaconbu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:11:52 -0800 (PST), Jeff
>

> <yourimageunre...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Dec 14, 12:03 pm, Mack A. Damia <mybaconbu...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> I was 17 in 1964 when they first made an appearance in the U.S.  I was
> >> a fan from the very start - especially since I was born about 30 miles
> >> from Liverpool.
>
> >Were your classmates much into the Beatles?
>
> When did "Meet the Beatles" come out?
>
> We had a small class.  Eighty-four students, I think.  Fairly
> affluent, too - children of professionals.  Upper-middle class types
> (not my family, though)  Snobbish.
>
> We had one student, Janice, whose parents had a beautiful home, and
> they went to Europe for six months and left her pretty much on her
> own.
>
> We had parties every Friday night for a month or two.  Somebody would
> get the beer/booze.
>
> I remember the album being circulated around the living room as it was
> playing.  That was one of my first introductions to the Beatles.
>
> Of course, several of the low-lifes got drunk and trashed her house.
> End of parties.

We used to have parties all the time when my parents weren't
home. Well, they weren't actually parties. I had my friends
over, and we would play music out of these little tiny amps.
That's all, but my parents would go nuts about people over
at their house when they were gone. My sister would
invite her friends over. She hated our loud music. One time
my middle brother was about to hit her over the head
with the drums. He had a terrible temper and I hated
jumping in the middle of the dispute...cause I wanted to
play. Our band knew how to play two songs:
"Proud Mary" and "Evil Ways". We played those songs
so much...I got sick of them. Me and the drummer
were the only two people that knew how to play in
those days. I thought we were good, but we really
sucked.