Opening for an entry level position in SLC Utah

Jeffrey Moss

3/15/2005 6:11:00 PM

Consider yourself a savvy web developer but can't seem to get your foot in the door? We're interested in hiring an entry level web developer to assist with maintaining a ruby-on-rails application. Opportunity for advancement.

Contact me if you're interested.

-Jeff
8 Answers

pat eyler

Jeff,
is this something that needs to be onsite, or are you willing to take
on a remote worker? What about fulltime vs. part time?

I'm currently employed, but am interested in picking up some part time
Ruby and Rails related work. I may be moving down to the SLC area
later this year, but currently live a bit south of Seattle.

--
thanks,
-pate

pat eyler

oops, that obviously was meant to go to a *much* smaller distribution.

-pate

--
thanks,
-pate
ParseTree is a little brown stinky ferret that digs down a hole and
violently rips the AST away from the warm bosom of ruby. In other
words, we cheat, they don't.

Randy Kramer

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 01:10 pm, Jeffrey Moss wrote:
> Contact me if you're interested.

Asking here (on list) but consider me interested--will you consider someone
not in SLC to telecommute?

Randy Kramer

Curt Hibbs

pat eyler wrote:

> oops, that obviously was meant to go to a *much* smaller distribution.
>
> -pate

Good thing you didn't post you resume and salary requirements! :-)

Curt

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:41:59 -0800, pat eyler <pat.eyler@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Jeff,
> > is this something that needs to be onsite, or are you willing to take
> > on a remote worker? What about fulltime vs. part time?
> >
> > I'm currently employed, but am interested in picking up some part time
> > Ruby and Rails related work. I may be moving down to the SLC area
> > later this year, but currently live a bit south of Seattle.
> >

> > On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 03:10:48 +0900, Jeffrey Moss
> <jeff@opendbms.com> wrote:
> > > Consider yourself a savvy web developer but can't seem to get
> your foot in the door? We're interested in hiring an entry level
> web developer to assist with maintaining a ruby-on-rails
> application. Opportunity for advancement.
> > >
> > > Contact me if you're interested.
> > >
> > > -Jeff
> > >

> > --
> > thanks,
> > -pate
> > -------------------------
> > ParseTree is a little brown stinky ferret that digs down a hole and
> > violently rips the AST away from the warm bosom of ruby. In other
> > words, we cheat, they don't.
> >

> --
> thanks,
> -pate

Jeffrey Moss

It's actually in Sandy, and yes.

-Jeff

> On Tuesday 15 March 2005 01:10 pm, Jeffrey Moss wrote:
>> Contact me if you're interested.
>
> Asking here (on list) but consider me interested--will you consider
> someone
> not in SLC to telecommute?
>
> Randy Kramer

pat eyler

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 04:34:44 +0900, Jeffrey Moss <jeff@opendbms.com> wrote:
> It's actually in Sandy, and yes.

That's good to hear. Are you looking for full time, or part time enough?

What more can you tell me? is this running on Linux, Mac OS X, or
some win32? Are you using MySQL or postgreSQL? What about web
servers? (I'm just loaded with questions)

Consider me interested too -- and more privately this time ;)

-pate

--
thanks,
-pate
ParseTree is a little brown stinky ferret that digs down a hole and
violently rips the AST away from the warm bosom of ruby. In other
words, we cheat, they don't.

Jeremy Kemper

pat eyler wrote:
> That's good to hear. Are you looking for full time, or part time enough?
>
> What more can you tell me? is this running on Linux, Mac OS X, or
> some win32? Are you using MySQL or postgreSQL? What about web
> servers? (I'm just loaded with questions)
>
> Consider me interested too -- and more privately this time ;)

Folks looking for Ruby on Rails work: consider listing yourself on
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/show/Availa...
I've had a lot of interest from this page alone (Google, perhaps?)

There's a job postings page also, but it doesn't see much turnover.
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/show/J...
A RSS feed (or heck, rubyjobs.com) would be a welcome addition.

Best,
jeremy

daves energyguide

On Aug 28, 2:37 am, "3jane." <q3j...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > The "big event" thing is one thing, but there are certainly quite a few
> > contenders for all-timers here... The Sing Me Back Home is certainly the
> > best one I ever heard. Greatest Story here is on the short list (and I
> > think it is a real short list - for my money this version is a solid #2
> > version, behind the one a month later with the St. Steve tease).
> > Playin', Bird Song, China>Rider are all among the best versions ever
> > performed... Combine all that with a very good Dark Star, the SSDD
> > movie, the event, the story and the rest of the quality songs throughout
> > the show and its easy to see why this is mentioned among the best
> > ever... The fact that it doesn't stand above the rest shouldn't be held
> > against it, because there isn't one single GD show that stands above the
> > rest...
>
> Do I dare listen to this now?  It's 5:30 AM, I just got a fat bag and
> I don't have to go to work for more than an hour today.  Perhaps it's
> because 75%+ of the time I listened to this show I was tripping balls
> to the wall (as were a few of the performers I surmise) but I proceed
> with caution, logging on to the archive now.  John Dwork considers
> this the best Dead show of all time and has written an impassioned
> essay to that effect, no link here but it's out there.

love this show to death, but also love the 9/21/72 show....darkstar
baby!!!