Re: nonblock extension for win32?

Shashank Date

3/14/2005 10:20:00 PM

Hi Curt,

--- Curt Hibbs <curt@hibbs.com> wrote:

> I would really like to include some/many/all of the
> win32 utils in the
> one-click installer. But I am way over extended.
> I'll get to it eventually,
> but if someone wants to help out it would speed
> things up.

Wonderful ! I will gladly share my NSIS code with you
and even help to integrate it with the Ruby one-click
installer. Just last night, I was thinking about
sending you an email asking about such merger :-)

> Curt

-- shanko

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/...

4 Answers

jesskidden

These are all listed on George's website as "Not George Carlin" (about
half way down the page):

http://www.georgecarlin.com/home/not_...

fearless freep wrote:
> [...]
>
> 4. If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys
> and apes?
>
> 5. The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the
> bad girls live.
>
> 6. I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-
> help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
>
> 7. Could it be that all those trick-or-treaters wearing sheets aren't
> going as ghosts but as mattresses?
>
> 8. If a mute swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?
>
> 9. If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is
> no woman around to hear him . . . is he still wrong?
>
> 10. If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself,
> is it considered a hostage situation?
>
> 11. Is there another word for synonym?
>
> 12. Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do
> "practice?"
>
> 13. Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all?"
>
> 14. What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an
> endangered plant?
>
> 15. If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?
>
> 16. Would a fly without wings be called a walk?
>
> 17. Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone
> will clean them?
>
> 18. If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
>
> 19. Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
>
> 20. Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?
>
> 21. If the police arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to
> remain silent?
>
> 22. Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?
>
> 23. How do blind people know when they are done wiping?
>
> 24. How do they get the deer to cross at that yellow road sign?
>
> 25. Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste
> funny?
>
> 26. What was the best thing before sliced bread?
>
> 27. One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.
>
> More Carlin......
>
> 1. Does the Little Mermaid wear an algebra?
>
> 2. Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?
>
> 3. How is it possible to have a civil war?
>
> 4. If God dropped acid, would he see people?
>
> 5. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest drown too?
>
> 6. If you ate pasta and antipasta, would you still be hungry?
>
> 7. If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
>
> 8. Whose cruel idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
>
> 9. Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?
>
> 10. Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?
>
> 11. Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?
>
> 12. Where are we going? And what's with this hand basket?
>
> 13. If the "black box" flight recorder is never damaged during a plane
> crash, why isn't the whole damn airplane made out of that same stuff?
>
> 14. Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?
>
> 15. If you spin an oriental man in a circle three times, doesn't he

Karen Burns

fearless freep wrote:

> 23. How do blind people know when they are done wiping?

Even though I'm fairly certain that he did not write/say this, it gave
me one hell of a good laugh this morning! It's just so wrong, but yet
funny.

Kevin McClave

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:11:59 -0400, jesskidden@LYC0S.com wrote:

>These are all listed on George's website as "Not George Carlin" (about
>half way down the page):
>
>http://www.georgecarlin.com/home/not_...

Has more of a Stephen Wright vibe to it.

Kevin McClave

"To justify himself, each relies on
the other's crime." ~Albert Camus

stuthalblum@comcast.net

On Jun 23, 4:11 pm, jesskid...@LYC0S.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> > 3. How is it possible to have a civil war?
>
> > 4. If God dropped acid, would he see people?
>
> > 5. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest drown too?
>
> > 6. If you ate pasta and antipasta, would you still be hungry?
>
> > 7. If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
>
> > 8. Whose cruel idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
>
> > 9. Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?
>
> > 10. Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?
>
> > 11. Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?
>
> > 12. Where are we going? And what's with this hand basket?
>
> > 13. If the "black box" flight recorder is never damaged during a plane
> > crash, why isn't the whole damn airplane made out of that same stuff?
>
> > 14. Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?
>
> > 15. If you spin an oriental man in a circle three times, doesn't he

I would never have associated any of those quotes with George Carlin.
More like Patrick. And not Patrick Carlin.