Re: nonblock extension for win32?

Berger, Daniel

3/14/2005 8:50:00 PM

<snip>

> Cool, thanks. I'll probably go with sockets so my solution
> is platform-portable. But you guys seem to be doing
> fantastic work on the win32 utils. Do you anticipate that
> things like your win32 fork() will become part of the ruby core?

No. At best some of the Win32 Utils packages might be included with the
one-click Installer. There has been some discussion about it, but
nothing has come of it (yet).

Regards,

Dan

1 Answer

Curt Hibbs

Berger, Daniel wrote:

> <snip>
>
> > Cool, thanks. I'll probably go with sockets so my solution
> > is platform-portable. But you guys seem to be doing
> > fantastic work on the win32 utils. Do you anticipate that
> > things like your win32 fork() will become part of the ruby core?
>
> No. At best some of the Win32 Utils packages might be included with the
> one-click Installer. There has been some discussion about it, but
> nothing has come of it (yet).

I would really like to include some/many/all of the win32 utils in the
one-click installer. But I am way over extended. I'll get to it eventually,
but if someone wants to help out it would speed things up.

Curt