How to implement a new task in Rake?

Giulio Piancastelli

3/11/2005 3:56:00 PM

Hi all,

I'd be interested in creating a new Rake task to run FIT tests, much
like the existing Ant task for the Java version of the testing
framework. (But perhaps elaborating it a bit more.) However, I did not
manage to find some kind of guide or tutorial to the task of writing
new tasks (pardon the pun). Is anybody willing to offer some insights
or pointers?

(As an aside, I remeber to have read somewhere about a project for
implementing new Rake tasks for Java tools and the like. How that
effort is going?)

Best Regards,
Giulio Piancastelli.