Re: Gateway broken?

ES

3/10/2005 11:24:00 PM

On Thu, March 10, 2005 10:38 pm, Dennis Oelkers said:
> Hey folks,
>
> ES wrote:
>
>>On Thu, March 10, 2005 9:38 pm, Berger, Daniel said:
>>

>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>It appears that messages posted to google groups are not making it the
>>>ML again.
>>>

>>Yep, it sure is broken. I'm also getting some sort of bounce messages?
>>

> If you supply me with some msg-ids and/or subjects, I will investigate
> it, and check if there really
> is a problem at the gateway.
> Anyway: the gateway does not send bounce messages of any kind to anyone.

I think I may have deleted all the bounces, I'll take a look. They're
coming from a japanese qmail server that states the message has been
in the queue for too long, To: my ruby-ml address. I don't think that
I have return receipts turned on or anything.

> Kind regards,
> Dennis Oelkers

James Gray

On Mar 10, 2005, at 5:23 PM, ES wrote:

> I think I may have deleted all the bounces, I'll take a look. They're
> coming from a japanese qmail server that states the message has been
> in the queue for too long, To: my ruby-ml address. I don't think that
> I have return receipts turned on or anything.

To be clear though, these messages ARE showing up on the mailing list,
then I get a bounce notice days later.

James Edward Gray II

Martin DeMello

James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On Mar 10, 2005, at 5:23 PM, ES wrote:
>
> > I think I may have deleted all the bounces, I'll take a look. They're
> > coming from a japanese qmail server that states the message has been
> > in the queue for too long, To: my ruby-ml address. I don't think that
> > I have return receipts turned on or anything.
>
> To be clear though, these messages ARE showing up on the mailing list,
> then I get a bounce notice days later.

That sounds more like someone has subscribed to the list with an address
that went invalid, his host is sending a bounce message, and the mailing
list is configured such that the sender's email address goes in the
reply-to.

martin