Re: [SOLUTION][QUIZ] Roman Numerals (#22

Peña, Botp

3/7/2005 3:32:00 AM

Jason Bailey [mailto:azrael@demonlords.net] wrote:

//I'm new to ruby so this was quite a fun little thing to help
//me get up
//to speed on what you can do with the language.

it is fun to be a nuby. i'm nuby always :-)

//
//since this quite small and simple I've attached it.

i assume this is your version 1.

>convert.rb
4
IV
IIII
4
IIIIIII
7

I see that it does not do checking yet..
I will wait for your version 2 with the needed checks as i myself do not
know the rules of arabic to roman conversion.

kind regards -botp

//
//thanks
//jason
//

1 Answer

Jason Bailey

Peña, Botp wrote:

>4
>IV
>IIII
>4
>IIIIIII
>7
>
>I see that it does not do checking yet..
>I will wait for your version 2 with the needed checks as i myself do not
>know the rules of arabic to roman conversion.
>
>kind regards -botp

nope :) this is it.

if I was writing this as a proper class for use in an application I
would be doing things such as error checking and logging. However the
rules for this particular quiz only stated that the output has to be
formatted correctly. Since I am inherently lazy I will stand by the
rules and do only what the quiz told me I had to do ;)

jason