Compiling Ruby 1.8.2 on OS X Tiger

Lon Baker

3/6/2005 4:13:00 PM

Has anyone been successful? It looks like the readline extension will
not compile out of the box.

--
Lon

3 Answers

Daniel Bovensiepen

Is Tiger already available?

Am 06.03.2005 17:12 Uhr schrieb "Lon Baker" unter <lon@speedymac.com>:

> Has anyone been successful? It looks like the readline extension will
> not compile out of the box.
>
> --
> Lon

Brian McCallister

It is early access only, from what I hear.

On 10.3 you had to install your own readline, Apple may not have
changed that. At least in 10.3 I had no problems if i installed
readline myself in addition to the (default) apple and use it.

-Brian

On Mar 6, 2005, at 11:26 AM, Daniel Bovensiepen wrote:

> Is Tiger already available?
>

> Am 06.03.2005 17:12 Uhr schrieb "Lon Baker" unter <lon@speedymac.com>:
>
>> Has anyone been successful? It looks like the readline extension will
>> not compile out of the box.
>>
>> --
>> Lon

Ryan Davis

On Mar 6, 2005, at 8:12 AM, Lon Baker wrote:

> Has anyone been successful? It looks like the readline extension will
> not compile out of the box.

Agreed. I was going to work on getting that cleaned up and send a patch
in. I found some other minor issues as well, but haven't had the time
to track them down.

--
ryand-ruby@zenspider.com - Seattle.rb -
http://www.zenspider.com/...