Chicago Ruby users

pat eyler

3/4/2005 7:00:00 PM

I see that there's no Chicago meetup group listed at ruby.meetup.com,
but I did find a chicago group mailing list archive. Since DHH is
going to be in Chicago for a building of basecamp seminar (on Apr
22nd), maybe you Chicagoans should put together a meeting while he's
there. It was a great meeting when we did it in Seattle. (of course,
I'm probably preaching to the choir)

--
thanks,
-pate

4 Answers

Chad Fowler

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 03:59:55 +0900, pat eyler <pat.eyler@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see that there's no Chicago meetup group listed at ruby.meetup.com,
> but I did find a chicago group mailing list archive. Since DHH is
> going to be in Chicago for a building of basecamp seminar (on Apr
> 22nd), maybe you Chicagoans should put together a meeting while he's
> there. It was a great meeting when we did it in Seattle. (of course,
> I'm probably preaching to the choir)

I'm tentatively planning to be there as well. So, if there was a
meeting, it'd be great if it could be on Saturday (hint hint) :)

--

Chad Fowler
http://chad...

John W. Long

Ok, I just formed a meetup group:

http://ruby.meet...

We are a small group, but there are two other active members. There are
a couple of others lurking on the mailing list, but we haven't seen much
of them at the meetings. Since there are only 3 of us that actively
attend it we generally manage to get together ever two or three months.

It'd be neat to see if DHH would be interested in doing a meeting with
us. I'm sure there would be a crowd of people who would be interested in
meeting him and talking about Ruby.

--
John Long

Chad Fowler wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 03:59:55 +0900, pat eyler <pat.eyler@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I see that there's no Chicago meetup group listed at ruby.meetup.com,
>>going to be in Chicago for a building of basecamp seminar (on Apr
>>22nd), maybe you Chicagoans should put together a meeting while he's
>>there. It was a great meeting when we did it in Seattle. (of course,
>>I'm probably preaching to the choir)
>>

> I'm tentatively planning to be there as well. So, if there was a
> meeting, it'd be great if it could be on Saturday (hint hint) :)

pat eyler

John,
DHH was incredibly nice about talking with (and visiting us). I'd be
happy to send an introductory email, or help out in any other way that
I can. Let me know.

-pate

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 15:47:14 +0900, John W. Long <ng@johnwlong.com> wrote:
> Ok, I just formed a meetup group:
>
> http://ruby.meet...
>
> We are a small group, but there are two other active members. There are
> a couple of others lurking on the mailing list, but we haven't seen much
> of them at the meetings. Since there are only 3 of us that actively
> attend it we generally manage to get together ever two or three months.
>
> It'd be neat to see if DHH would be interested in doing a meeting with
> us. I'm sure there would be a crowd of people who would be interested in
> meeting him and talking about Ruby.
>
> --
> John Long
>

> Chad Fowler wrote:
> > On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 03:59:55 +0900, pat eyler <pat.eyler@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>I see that there's no Chicago meetup group listed at ruby.meetup.com,
> >>going to be in Chicago for a building of basecamp seminar (on Apr
> >>22nd), maybe you Chicagoans should put together a meeting while he's
> >>there. It was a great meeting when we did it in Seattle. (of course,
> >>I'm probably preaching to the choir)
> >>

> > I'm tentatively planning to be there as well. So, if there was a
> > meeting, it'd be great if it could be on Saturday (hint hint) :)

--
thanks,
-pate
-------------------------
ParseTree is a little brown stinky ferret that digs down a hole and
violently rips the AST away from the warm bosom of ruby. In other
words, we cheat, they don't.

David Heinemeier Hansson

> It'd be neat to see if DHH would be interested in doing a meeting with
> us. I'm sure there would be a crowd of people who would be interested
> in meeting him and talking about Ruby.

Sounds like fun. We had a good time at the Omni offices when I was in
Seattle. If you guys can arrange something on Saturday, we can
definitely have a session.

Thanks for kind words, Pat!
--
David Heinemeier Hansson,