[OT] Help - A better way to read comp.lang.ruby?

centrepins

3/4/2005 8:59:00 AM

Currently I'm reading comp.lang.ruby using "google groups", but not too
keen on it, particularly as messages disappear off the front screen too
quickly and I forget things.

My ISP doesn't provide a news server at present, so does anybody know a
FREE news server that serves up comp.lang.ruby so I can point
Thunderbird at it?

Ta

4 Answers

Stephan Kämper

centrepins@gmail.com wrote:
> My ISP doesn't provide a news server at present, so does anybody know a
> FREE news server that serves up comp.lang.ruby so I can point
> Thunderbird at it?

I use http://news.s... to read it.

HTH and happy rubying

Stephan

Aquila

centrepins@gmail.com wrote:

> My ISP doesn't provide a news server at present, so does anybody know a
> FREE news server that serves up comp.lang.ruby so I can point
> Thunderbird at it?

gmane.org (which is an excellent source for lots of mailinglists!):
<http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.g... features all information
you need
--
"May the source be with you"

Robert Klemme

<centrepins@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Currently I'm reading comp.lang.ruby using "google groups", but not too
> keen on it, particularly as messages disappear off the front screen too
> quickly and I forget things.
>
> My ISP doesn't provide a news server at present, so does anybody know a
> FREE news server that serves up comp.lang.ruby so I can point
> Thunderbird at it?

There are plenty free newsservers out there. I'm sure you'll find one
located near you.

http://freenews.ma...
http://www.google.com/search?q=free+%22news...

Kind regards

robert

centrepins

Thanks gents, all most helpful and I've found one which looks to do the
job.

Glenn