Re: ruby gems, and the require problem (was Re: RAA Status & b

Peña, Botp

3/4/2005 2:22:00 AM

Sam Roberts [mailto:sroberts@uniserve.com] wrote:

//> Brian Schröder said:
//>
//> > I'm not really good informed, but as far as I know to use
//ruby gems
//> > you need to change the sourcecode of your program, while rpa is a
//> > real package installer that installs libraries into the
//search path.
//> > If this is wrong, please correct me.
//>
//> This is incorrect.
//
//It *is* correct.

+10
[snipped a lot of good & practical justifications]

but i think what you are asking is rpa :-)

kind regards -botp

//Cheers,
//Sam
//
//
//

1 Answer

Sam Roberts

Quoting botp@delmonte-phil.com, on Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 11:21:53AM +0900:
> Sam Roberts [mailto:sroberts@uniserve.com] wrote:
>
> //> Brian Schröder said:
> //>
> //> > I'm not really good informed, but as far as I know to use
> //ruby gems
> //> > you need to change the sourcecode of your program, while rpa is a
> //> > real package installer that installs libraries into the
> //search path.
> //> > If this is wrong, please correct me.
> //>
> //> This is incorrect.
> //
> //It *is* correct.
>
> +10
> [snipped a lot of good & practical justifications]
>
> but i think what you are asking is rpa :-)

Maybe, rpa without the admin overhead, where anything on RAA can be
installed with it.

Actually, an RAA tool that listed all projects, any info in their page,
and downloaded the "download" link would be all that I personally
wanted. Isn't all the info in the gem already on RAA, or vice versa?

Cheers,
Sam