Re: RAA Status & The Problem with Ruby

Peña, Botp

3/4/2005 12:56:00 AM

Austin Ziegler [mailto:halostatue@gmail.com] wrote:

//I don't think that the two goals are incompatible. I think
//that how RubyGems does things could be integrated into how
//the RPA team has said it wants to do things (e.g., the RPA
//team is more focussed on stable releases of groups of
//packages than on multiple package versions being available
//and independently selectable, but with what seems to be only
//a few changes in metadata, this could be made part of RubyGems).

+10

to add: the rpa manifesto is great for creating _good_ standards for coding
and documentation.

it is very difficult for package maintainers to package/maintain topsy-turvy
codes w topsy-turvy docs. And i agree, a wiki is a good tool for coders who
have no time to docs..

btw, can we give rpa a new name? the name doesn't shine like gem :-)

kind regards -botp

//
//-austin
//--