Eko Budi Setiyo

3/1/2005 6:44:00 AM

Hi everybody

For you all that doing web programing usinng ruby and For you all that
comming from PHP may be interested with
this link http://www.rubytoday.com/rubytoday/rub...

the page is produce by using ruby as cgi on my windows xp

#file rubyinfo.rb
#!ruby
require 'easyweb.rb'
ob_start
puts rubyinfo
easyweb

You can download the source code is
http://www.rubytoday.com/download/e...

regards
Eko

2 Answers

Kaspar Schiess

> You can download the source code is
> http://www.rubytoday.com/download/e...
tnx ! This looks useful !

kaspar

--
code manufacture & ruby lab at http://www.t...
o.

George Moschovitis

Congrats, for the release.

> For you all that doing web programing usinng ruby and For you all that
> comming from PHP may be interested with

Please allow me to add, that Nitro
(http://www.rubyforge.com/proj...) is also a good choice for PHP
programmers comming to the Ruby world. If you like, you can avoid using
the MVC infrastracture (Rails style) or the programmatic renderer (Wee
style) and just write php-like scripts.

As a simple example just drop this file in the public directory of the
web server (typically called 'root'):

index.xhtml:

<?r if name = request['your_name'] ?>
Hello #{name}, how are you?
<?r else ?>
<form>
<input type="text" name="your_name" />
<input type="submit" />
</form>
<?r end ?>

and just hit:

localhost:9999/

However I would not suggest writing big application using this
style. Your best choice is to leverage Nitro's advanced MVC
infrastructure. But it is nice to have to get going (or for a small
hack).

(Just for the record, Nitro converts this file to a Rails style
controller behind the scenes).

regards,
George.