Re: Rendering ruby openGL output to a file.

Eric Peden

2/28/2005 10:42:00 PM

On Feb 28, 2005, at 11:25 AM, Ruby NNTP->SMTP Gate wrote:
>> The OpenGL API works with raw color values packed into an array;
>> RMagick
>> (as far as I can tell) cannot. You should be able to draw your scene
>> offscreen, then do a readPixels() and then convert the resulting array
>> to RMagick Pixel values. Tell RMagick what your intended resolution
>> is,
>> and it will handle the rest.
> The #constitute method takes an array of RGBA values as input:
> http://www.simplesystems.org/RMagick/doc/image1.html#...

I stand corrected. #constitute even scales floats to the correct range
automatically; this should help tidy up some of my code quite nicely.

#constitute should probably appear under store_pixel's "See also" in
the docs. I've always thought the xMagick libraries had rather poorly
named functions: heavy cross-linking makes it easier to find the tools
you never knew you needed.

Thanks for the pointer.

--
eric