FastCGI and Windows

Robert H

2/28/2005 1:11:00 PM

I have used the Windows installer for FastCGI from RubyForge. I have
that LoadModule and AddHandler in my conf file per the install file. We
I navigate to 127.0.0.1/test.fcgi I get the script printed out on the
screen and not its output.

I am using this script:

#!ruby
require 'cgi'
require 'fcgi'

FCGI.each_cgi do |cgi|
content = ''
env = []
cgi.env_table.each do |k,v|
env << [k,v]
end
env.sort!
env.each do |k,v|
content << %Q(#{k} => #{v}<br>\n)
end
cgi.out{content}
end

My CGI files run fine.

Robert

6 Answers

Dave Burt

<sigzero@gmail.com> wrote:
>I have used the Windows installer for FastCGI from RubyForge. I have
> that LoadModule and AddHandler in my conf file per the install file. We
> I navigate to 127.0.0.1/test.fcgi I get the script printed out on the
> screen and not its output.
>
> I am using this script:
>
> <snip irrelevant script>
>
> My CGI files run fine.

Make sure you have Options +ExecCGI set.

Cheers,
Dave

Robert H

I dropped it into a directory I am serving Perl cgi's out of and it
still does the same thing.

My site conf looks like this:

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews ExecCGI
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

Robert H

I am running Apache2...

Robert

Patrick May

Hello,

Quoting sigzero@gmail.com:

> I am using this script:
>
> #!ruby
> require 'cgi'
> require 'fcgi'

'fcgi' does not work on windows. 'fcgi' relies on the names for the
socket error codes, which are different on windows. Error::XXXX error
codes are dynamically generated from the operating system.

~ Patrick

Patrick May

Quoting Patrick May <patrick@hexane.org>:

> 'fcgi' does not work on windows. 'fcgi' relies on the names for the
> socket error codes, which are different on windows. Error::XXXX
> error codes are dynamically generated from the operating system.

This is a common complaint. I'll take a look at it tonight.

~ Patrick

Robert H

On 3/1/05 12:46 PM, in article 1109699184.4224aa707d31a@www.kattare.com,
"Patrick May" <patrick@hexane.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Quoting sigzero@gmail.com:
>
>> I am using this script:
>>
>> #!ruby
>> require 'cgi'
>> require 'fcgi'
>
> 'fcgi' does not work on windows. 'fcgi' relies on the names for the
> socket error codes, which are different on windows. Error::XXXX error
> codes are dynamically generated from the operating system.
>
> ~ Patrick

Then why is there a one click installer for it on RubyForge?

Robert