win32utils installer

Martin DeMello

2/28/2005 9:37:00 AM

The win32utils installer (from
http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=85&relea...) only seems to
install the .so files; the .rb files aren't installed unless you get the
packages individually. Is this a problem with my setup or with the
installer?

martin
3 Answers

Shashank Date

Martin DeMello wrote:
> The win32utils installer (from
> http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=85&relea...) only seems to
> install the .so files; the .rb files aren't installed unless you get the
> packages individually. Is this a problem with my setup or with the
> installer?

With the installer. We are working on fixing this ... expect the new
release very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

> martin

-- shanko

Shashank Date

Martin DeMello wrote:
> The win32utils installer (from
> http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=85&relea...) only seems to
> install the .so files; the .rb files aren't installed unless you get the
> packages individually. Is this a problem with my setup or with the
> installer?

With the installer. We are working on fixing this ... expect the new
release very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

> martin

-- shanko

djberg96

Martin DeMello wrote:
> The win32utils installer (from
> http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=85&relea...) only seems to
> install the .so files; the .rb files aren't installed unless you get
the
> packages individually. Is this a problem with my setup or with the
> installer?
>
> martin

The only file you might be missing is mc.rb in the win32-eventlog
package. The rest are a (usually incomplete) equivalent of the C
version. We explicitly exclude those (precisely because they are
incomplete). The only exception to this is win32-sapi, which is a pure
Ruby package, though I don't think it was included in V2 of the
installer anyway (it came out later).

As for why I chose C over pure Ruby in most cases, here's the
summation:

* C was easier for me than Win32API, at least when I started
* Ruby/DL is not production ready
* Win32OLE was not production ready until 1.8.2

Regards,

Dan