Bisect module

mepython

2/26/2005 5:50:00 PM

Python has bisect module: This module provides support for maintaining
a list in sorted order without having to sort the list after each
insertion

http://python.active-venture.com/lib/module-b...

How to do this in Ruby?

2 Answers

Robert Klemme

"mepython" <a@agni.us> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Python has bisect module: This module provides support for maintaining
> a list in sorted order without having to sort the list after each
> insertion
>
> http://python.active-venture.com/lib/module-b...
>
> How to do this in Ruby?

Either look in the RAA - I'm pretty sure someone created such a thing
already. Or implement an ordered tree or subclass of array yourself.

Kind regards

robert

mepython

In RAA, I found rbtree which has ordered hash class (RBTree) and a
class for duplicate keys (MultiRBTree). So instead of using Ordered
List, I am using Ordered Hash with duplicate keys. Thank you.