Re: win32-dir 0.1.0

Peña, Botp

2/26/2005 7:17:00 AM

Daniel Berger [mailto:djberg96@hotmail.com] wrote:

//> The Win32 Utils Team is happy to announce the first release of
//> win32-dir.

Hi Daniel, do I need to recompile the download? It is looking for nmake when
I setup...

Thanks for win32utils.

kind regards -botp

4 Answers

djberg96

Peña, Botp wrote:
> Daniel Berger [mailto:djberg96@hotmail.com] wrote:
>
> //> The Win32 Utils Team is happy to announce the first release of
> //> win32-dir.
>

> Hi Daniel, do I need to recompile the download? It is looking for
nmake when
> I setup...
>
> Thanks for win32utils.
>
> kind regards -botp

It's a C extension (using SHGetFolderPath() behind the scenes), so yes,
you'll need a compiler. I suppose I can put out a plain binary as
well. See also http://rubygarden.org/ruby?Windo...

I need to ask Shanko about an updated installer. :)

Regards,

Dan

Shashank Date

Daniel Berger wrote:

> I need to ask Shanko about an updated installer. :)

Will work on it right away .... get ready to test by Sunday morning.

Thanks,

> Regards,
>
> Dan

-- shanko

Andreas Schwarz

Daniel Berger wrote:
> Peña, Botp wrote:
>
>>Daniel Berger [mailto:djberg96@hotmail.com] wrote:
>>
>>//> The Win32 Utils Team is happy to announce the first release of
>>//> win32-dir.
>>

>>Hi Daniel, do I need to recompile the download? It is looking for
>
> nmake when
>
>>I setup...
>>
>>Thanks for win32utils.
>>
>>kind regards -botp
>

> It's a C extension (using SHGetFolderPath() behind the scenes), so yes,
> you'll need a compiler.

Why not Ruby/DL?

djberg96

Andreas Schwarz wrote:
> Daniel Berger wrote:
> > Peña, Botp wrote:
> >
> >>Daniel Berger [mailto:djberg96@hotmail.com] wrote:
> >>
> >>//> The Win32 Utils Team is happy to announce the first release of
> >>//> win32-dir.
> >>

> >>Hi Daniel, do I need to recompile the download? It is looking for
> >
> > nmake when
> >
> >>I setup...
> >>
> >>Thanks for win32utils.
> >>
> >>kind regards -botp
> >

> > It's a C extension (using SHGetFolderPath() behind the scenes), so
yes,
> > you'll need a compiler.
>
> Why not Ruby/DL?

I don't consider it production ready. Perhaps DL2 will be, however.

Regards,

Dan