RDT for Eclipse - help

Its Me

2/20/2005 5:37:00 AM

Just installed Eclipse and then RDT.

I had JRE2.0 installed before installing Eclipse.

When I try to create a new project I get:
javaw.exe - Entry point not found
The procedure entry point libintl_fprint could not be located in the dynamic
link library intl.dll

I too do not see the "Run" options the docs say I should. So I can't run the
application.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks.

(I have posted this separately as I don't know if the problem is related to
the earlier posters' issue).

4 Answers

Its Me

> I had JRE2.0 installed before installing Eclipse.
J2SE Version 1.5 (before installing Eclipse; don't know if that did
anything).

> When I try to create a new project I get:
> javaw.exe - Entry point not found
> The procedure entry point libintl_fprint could not be located in the
dynamic
> link library intl.dll
>
> I too do not see the "Run" options the docs say I should. So I can't run
the
> application.
>
> Any idea what's going on?
>
> Thanks.
>
> (I have posted this separately as I don't know if the problem is related
> the earlier posters' issue).

David Corbin

On Sunday 20 February 2005 12:54 am, itsme213 wrote:
> > I had JRE2.0 installed before installing Eclipse.
>
> J2SE Version 1.5 (before installing Eclipse; don't know if that did
> anything).

Are you using Eclipse 3.0.x? You should use the JRE (or JDK) from 1.4.

Its Me

"David Corbin" <dcorbin@machturtle.com> wrote in message
> On Sunday 20 February 2005 12:54 am, itsme213 wrote:
> > > I had JRE2.0 installed before installing Eclipse.
> >
> > J2SE Version 1.5 (before installing Eclipse; don't know if that did
> > anything).
> >

> Are you using Eclipse 3.0.x? You should use the JRE (or JDK) from 1.4.

It seems RDT needs the full Eclipse SDK, not the runtime binary. Once I
switched it seems to be working.

Thanks.

David Corbin

On Sunday 20 February 2005 12:19 pm, itsme213 wrote:

> > > J2SE Version 1.5 (before installing Eclipse; don't know if that did
> > > anything).
> >
> > Are you using Eclipse 3.0.x? You should use the JRE (or JDK) from 1.4.
>
> It seems RDT needs the full Eclipse SDK, not the runtime binary. Once I
> switched it seems to be working.

That's interesting. I don't know enough to say why it does, but I don't know
of any reason it should. I'd suggest filing a bug about it.

David