[ANN] Syck 0.51: More tests passing, cleaner output

why the lucky stiff

2/18/2005 8:26:00 PM

Hello all you mangy listdwellers. A new Syck is out. Thanks to
everyone who ran the unit tests and sent feedback on the last release.
Things are moving!

** FOR THE ADVENTUROUS -- FOR TESTING ODYSSEYS ONLY **

Syck is the codename for the YAML processor which comes with Ruby.
Coded in C with preliminary extensions in Python and PHP.

Get Syck: http://whytheluckystiff/syck/

---

Of interest, Tim Parkin (the current maintainer of PyYaml) has been
investing time into a better Python extension for Syck, coded with the
help of Pyrex. He's seeing great results! I'm working to get this
extension out in Syck 0.52!

Should development continue at this speed, expect the complete new YAML
module to be checked into Ruby CVS in the first week of March. Faster
YAML, easier to use and to customize, devoid of buffering problems that
plagues the current YAML module.

_why

2 Answers

djberg96

why the lucky stiff wrote:
> Hello all you mangy listdwellers. A new Syck is out. Thanks to
> everyone who ran the unit tests and sent feedback on the last
release.
> Things are moving!
>
> ** FOR THE ADVENTUROUS -- FOR TESTING ODYSSEYS ONLY **
>
> Syck is the codename for the YAML processor which comes with Ruby.
> Coded in C with preliminary extensions in Python and PHP.
>
> Get Syck: http://whytheluckystiff/syck/
>
> ---
>
> Of interest, Tim Parkin (the current maintainer of PyYaml) has been
> investing time into a better Python extension for Syck, coded with
the
> help of Pyrex. He's seeing great results! I'm working to get this
> extension out in Syck 0.52!
>
> Should development continue at this speed, expect the complete new
YAML
> module to be checked into Ruby CVS in the first week of March.
Faster
> YAML, easier to use and to customize, devoid of buffering problems
that
> plagues the current YAML module.
>
> _why

Are we supposed to build our own configure script now? Release 0.50
came with one. Release 0.51 does not.

May I also suggest a toplevel MANIFEST file?

Regards,

Dan

why the lucky stiff

Daniel Berger wrote:

> Are we supposed to build our own configure script now? Release 0.50
>
>came with one. Release 0.51 does not.
>
>May I also suggest a toplevel MANIFEST file?

Yeah. Run: sh bootstrap.

And the tarball on RubyForge is updated.

That's the starch,

_why