[ANN] YARV: Yet Another RubyVM 0.1.1

SASADA Koichi

I'm happy to announce that I released YARV: Yet Another RubyVM 0.1.1.

Project Home page: http://www.atdot...
YARV 0.1.1 : http://www.atdot...yarv-0.1.1.tar.gz
0.1.1 souces : http://www.atdot.net/viewcvs.cgi/yarv/t...

Changes (between 0.1.0):

* some bug fixes
* refoctoring

* New Features
* support goto (*1)
* adding Ruby option "-rite" to work ruby script on YARV
instead of current ruby interpreter (*2)
* defined? support
* permit block parameter as local variables or so

* Optimization
* Instructions unification (aka super instruction) is supported
tentatively.
* JIT Compiler (Ruby script -> Native machine code), very experimental
implementation
* AOT Compiler support method dispatch

If you want to know moreover, please subscribe yarv-devel
(you can know about this ML in YARV Home page).

This project is supported by IPA (Information-technology
Promotion Agency, Japan) "Exploratory Software Project (youth)".

--
// SASADA Koichi at atdot dot net
//

(*1) it's only joke
(*2) using -r (require) option with ite.rb :)

4 Answers

George Moschovitis

Hello my friend,

just wanted to say a big THANK you for your efforts!

George

Curt Hibbs

George Moschovitis wrote:

> Hello my friend,
>
> just wanted to say a big THANK you for your efforts!

Me, too!

I just subscribed to your ML so tat I can follow along more closely. Keep up
the good work!

Curt

ptkwt

In article <20050219041452.1cb796d%ko1@atdot.net>,
SASADA Koichi <ko1@atdot.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm happy to announce that I released YARV: Yet Another RubyVM 0.1.1.
>
>Project Home page: http://www.atdot...
>YARV 0.1.1 : http://www.atdot...yarv-0.1.1.tar.gz
>0.1.1 souces : http://www.atdot.net/viewcvs.cgi/yarv/t...
>
>Changes (between 0.1.0):
>
>* some bug fixes
>* refoctoring
>
>* New Features
> * support goto (*1)
> * adding Ruby option "-rite" to work ruby script on YARV
> instead of current ruby interpreter (*2)
> * defined? support
> * permit block parameter as local variables or so
>
>* Optimization
> * Instructions unification (aka super instruction) is supported
> tentatively.
> * JIT Compiler (Ruby script -> Native machine code), very experimental
> implementation
> * AOT Compiler support method dispatch
>
>If you want to know moreover, please subscribe yarv-devel
>(you can know about this ML in YARV Home page).

Cool! Thanks for all your good work.

>This project is supported by IPA (Information-technology
>Promotion Agency, Japan) "Exploratory Software Project (youth)".

We need something like this in the US.

Phil

Benedikt Huber

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 04:17:34 +0900, SASADA Koichi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm happy to announce that I released YARV: Yet Another RubyVM 0.1.1.

Nice work !
If someone on a gentoo system wants to give it a try, here are simple
ebuilds: http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0060387/y...

I still (as in the last version) get segmentation faults for
some scripts - is there some thing like an issue tracker ?

> (*2) using -r (require) option with ite.rb :)
Very cool idea.