Re: Ruby Visual Identity Team

> Lähettäjä: James Britt <jamesUNDERBARb@neurogami.com>
> Aihe: Re: Ruby Visual Identity Team
>
> gabriele renzi wrote:
> > James Britt ha scritto:
> >

> >> Each box shows resources culled from links posted to del.icio.us.
> >> Clicking the resource name just loads that page. Clicking the little
> >> 'i' next to a resource shows you what people have posted it and their
> >> extended comments. A modern browser is required. Haven't tested in
> >> older browsers (or even many current ones), so field reports are
> >> welcome so that it degrades nicely
> >

> > (my two cents)
> > the [i] button is interesting, but It is not that obvious to me what it
> > does, I wonder if there is a way of making it more clear :/
>
> Good question. The intent was to provide a way to render some metadata
> about each link; link title themselves are not always properly
> descriptive, yet people should not have to go click a link and load
> another page just to see that it isn't what they thought.
>
> The tricky part is providing enough information to a new user as to what
> that little icon is for without that same information just getting in
> the way once a user is no longer new. Maybe mouse-over pop-up help.
> Something, anyway.

Anecdotally, a white 'i' on a blue background is generally recognized
as an 'information' section, though it has to be large enough to be
clear, generally I'd say 12-14px should be adequate. To give it a
longer label, you'd use title:

&lt;a title="Information about this item"&gt;...

> > Also, the boxes have too many elements, imo. Once you provided a nice
> > search/faceted browsing interface, you should not need all those
> > articles in the home.
>
> Hm. Partly I wanted to have a set of boxes that showed either the 10
> top-rated (e.g. most mentioned on delicious, or whatever the criteria
> is) or the 10 newest. Maybe 5 or 7 is better. Browsing by tag/topic is
> done from the 'browse' page; each box would have a browse link as well
> that took you to that browse page, preloading the search criteria for
> tags that map to that category.
>
> But the matter of clutter is certainly something to watch for; part of
> me thinks that simple links to predefined facet browsing might be
> better. (With sufficient JavaScript the boxes could be collapsible as
> well, I suppose, by default showing only topic titles linking to a full
> browsing page.)
>

> > Btw, I'd globally prefer listing some latest link (like in current
> > ruby-doc) and provide browsing links based on the (meta)tags
>
> That's an option, but that could also be obtained via an RSS feed. I
> might be wrong, but I think fewer and fewer people are getting news and
> site updates by actually going to the site in question.
>
> James

James Britt

E S wrote:
> Anecdotally, a white 'i' on a blue background is generally recognized
> as an 'information' section, though it has to be large enough to be
> clear, generally I'd say 12-14px should be adequate. To give it a
> longer label, you'd use title:
>
> &lt;a title="Information about this item"&gt;...

I may do that. If you don't know what that icon is for, you'll want to
see something that tells you. But once you know, you'll probably never
want to see that bit if help again. The title stuff might hit the sweet
spot.

James

TheZ

Thats right isn't it spike, eh spike eh spike That's right spike eh, eh, eh.

"B'in'yamin C'r'amer" <hebesRturdz@best.com> wrote in message

> "Gary Renzetti" <lizgary@connection.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Spaz" <yeah@right.com> wrote in message
>>> But I'm not at all convinced
>> Who gives a flying fuck what convinces you, asshole?
>>
>> that they are doing enough to reign in the
>>> terrorists or the vandals who destroyed the barrier wall.
>> How is breaking down an illegal prison wall either "terrorism" or
>> "vandalism". Goof (sorry, Spaz) please explain this to us.
>>
>> MORE needs to be
>>> done NOW!
>> Indeed it does. Flatten the whole fucking thing, all the way from the
>> coast to the izzie border.
>
> Sunset over Ersatz israel follows:
>
> http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh28/BenCramer1/mushroom...

B'in'yamin C'r'amer

"TheZ" <TheZ@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Thats right isn't it spike, eh spike eh spike That's right spike eh, eh,
> eh.

Whoooooopppppppppssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

The zionazi prick has finally lost it.

> "B'in'yamin C'r'amer" <hebesRturdz@best.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Gary Renzetti" <lizgary@connection.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Spaz" <yeah@right.com> wrote in message
>>> Who gives a flying fuck what convinces you, asshole?
>>>
>>> that they are doing enough to reign in the
>>> How is breaking down an illegal prison wall either "terrorism" or
>>> "vandalism". Goof (sorry, Spaz) please explain this to us.
>>>
>>> MORE needs to be
>>> Indeed it does. Flatten the whole fucking thing, all the way from the
>>> coast to the izzie border.
>>
>> Sunset over Ersatz israel follows:
>>
>> http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh28/BenCramer1/mushroom...

TheZ

You are obviously too young to understand the meaning.

> You are obviously too young to understand the meaning.

I am obviously too smart to have ever been engaged in anything which would
give birth to such stupidity, jew cunt.