Wee + Oracle?

Matt Bowen

2/17/2005 10:00:00 PM

Can I use Wee to access Oracle? I'm aware that the ActiveRecord package used
by Rails has recently been patched to support Oracle. Michael recently
mentioned that supporting ActiveRecord wouldn't be terribly difficult (for
Michael :-)), however, advocated trying out Og. It doesn't sound like Og
supports Oracle out-of-the-box, but George Moschovitis hinted that writing
such an adapter wouldn't be too hard.

I apologize for originally asking this question by hijacking a previous Wee
thread about how great of a framework it is -- a breach of etiquette I
think. Anyway, I work in an Oracle shop and would love to experiment with
Wee against some real world data (not mission-critical just yet... *grin*).
Thank you.

- Matt Bowen
mbowen@farweststeel.com

2 Answers

George Moschovitis

Hello,

the best thing would be to try and code the oracle adapter yourself, as
I said it is relatively easy to do, and perhaps you would find some
shortcomings in the current adapter scheme. I 'll help you if you try
this.

Alternatively, you can wait until I find some time to do an oracle
adapter myself, I 've added this to my todo list, but its not high
priority.

regards,
George.