ruby ncurses does not compile

Gints Polis

I am trying to use ruby on PDA. I got it working. Now I try to install
ncurses extension. I fail on finding curses lib:

root@h3900:/media/card/src/ncurses-ruby-0.9.1# ruby extconf.rb
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for ncurses.h... yes
checking for wmove() in -lncurses... no
checking for wmove() in -lpdcurses... no
extconf.rb:43: ncurses library not found (RuntimeError)

gcc does it easy. I found that I can get problem from ruby code, but
this is long way to go. May be someone nows easy answer for that or any
clues?

Thanks in advice,
Gints

2 Answers

Gints Polis

Reply to my self ... for archives....

Got info when looked to mkmf.log
It showed that ruby-static lib is needed.
When I install ruby-dev everything went OK.

Gints

Gints Polis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use ruby on PDA. I got it working. Now I try to
> install ncurses extension. I fail on finding curses lib:
>
> root@h3900:/media/card/src/ncurses-ruby-0.9.1# ruby extconf.rb
> checking for unistd.h... yes
> checking for ncurses.h... yes
> checking for wmove() in -lncurses... no
> checking for wmove() in -lpdcurses... no
> extconf.rb:43: ncurses library not found (RuntimeError)
>
> gcc does it easy. I found that I can get problem from ruby code, but
> this is long way to go. May be someone nows easy answer for that or
> any clues?
>
> Thanks in advice,
> Gints

Cameron McBride

> I am trying to use ruby on PDA. I got it working. Now I try to install
> ncurses extension. I fail on finding curses lib:

which PDA if I may ask?

Cameron