Re: [EVALUATION] - E01: The Java Failure - May Ruby Helps?

> Lähettäjä: Ilias Lazaridis <ilias@lazaridis.com>
> Aihe: Re: [EVALUATION] - E01: The Java Failure - May Ruby Helps?
>
> Austin Ziegler wrote:
> [...] - (increased complexity, lost context)
>
> I'm sorry, I cannot continue the discussion.
>
> -
>
> I just ask the community to point at least to an clear overview of the
> building-blocks which I can use within ruby.
>
> As stated in another message:
>
> "
> If i find e.g. 70% fo my requirements fulfilled within ruby, I would
> possibly start to implement the remaining 30%.
>
> But possibly I should split my requirements down into smaller chunks,
> and ask step by step.
> "
>
> -
>
> So, most possibly I have to go this way.
>
> Asking step by step.

This may sound like a stupid idea, but since it seems that these tools
you crave for already exist in some form (even if they are proprietary
and/or expensive), would it be too much trouble for you to name one
for each 'frame' in your 'stack'? For example: "I need a tool that can
create anything that I want (currently VaporStudio from Imagitasy can
do this)". This would help in giving you some concrete answers as it
could help explain what you want, exactly (your 'stack' is
ridiculously vague).

Secondly, and this may be just a language barrier issue, you come
across as either a troll or just hostile. Revising your tone (or
offering some other explanation) would probably help a lot.

Ilias Lazaridis

E S wrote:
>>Lähettäjä: Ilias Lazaridis <ilias@lazaridis.com>
>>Aihe: Re: [EVALUATION] - E01: The Java Failure - May Ruby Helps?
>>
>>Austin Ziegler wrote:
>>[...] - (increased complexity, lost context)
>>
>>I'm sorry, I cannot continue the discussion.
>>
>>I just ask the community to point at least to an clear overview of the
>>building-blocks which I can use within ruby.
>>
>>As stated in another message:
>>
>>"
>>If i find e.g. 70% fo my requirements fulfilled within ruby, I would
>>possibly start to implement the remaining 30%.
>>
>>But possibly I should split my requirements down into smaller chunks,
>>and ask step by step.
>>"
>>
>>-
>>
>>So, most possibly I have to go this way.
>>
>>Asking step by step.
>
> This may sound like a stupid idea, but since it seems that these tools
> you crave for already exist in some form (even if they are proprietary
> and/or expensive), would it be too much trouble for you to name one
> for each 'frame' in your 'stack'?

This is a very nice idea.

But I cannot name them.

> For example: "I need a tool that can
> create anything that I want (currently VaporStudio from Imagitasy can
> do this)". This would help in giving you some concrete answers as it
> could help explain what you want, exactly (your 'stack' is
> ridiculously vague).

I think the stack is very concise and precise.

Another thing is, if it is imlementable.

I will take the single-step-approach.

Will open a new thread with the first part shortly.

[If someone has answers to the full stack, they are of course welcome]

> Secondly, and this may be just a language barrier issue, you come
> across as either a troll or just hostile. Revising your tone (or
> offering some other explanation) would probably help a lot.

It's not a language barrier issue.

I can change my [sterile, fact-oriented] writing-style.

But I will not.

.

--
http://laz...

Joao Pedrosa

> > For example: "I need a tool that can
> > create anything that I want (currently VaporStudio from Imagitasy can
> > do this)". This would help in giving you some concrete answers as it
> > could help explain what you want, exactly (your 'stack' is
> > ridiculously vague).
>
> I think the stack is very concise and precise.
>
> Another thing is, if it is imlementable.
>
> I will take the single-step-approach.
>
> Will open a new thread with the first part shortly.
>
> [If someone has answers to the full stack, they are of course welcome]

Could you write some free MDA tool for Ruby? I think we are missing one. :-)

Cheers,
Joao

Ilias Lazaridis

Joao Pedrosa wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>>For example: "I need a tool that can
>>>create anything that I want (currently VaporStudio from Imagitasy can
>>>do this)". This would help in giving you some concrete answers as it
>>>could help explain what you want, exactly (your 'stack' is
>>>ridiculously vague).
>>
>>I think the stack is very concise and precise.
>>
>>Another thing is, if it is imlementable.
>>
>>I will take the single-step-approach.
>>
>>Will open a new thread with the first part shortly.
>>
>>[If someone has answers to the full stack, they are of course welcome]
>
> Could you write some free MDA tool for Ruby? I think we are missing one. :-)

I try to estimate the effort for implement something like an MDA tool.

What I try to find (or partly to implement) is something like this:

http://laz.../case/ide/...

-

But for this I need the cooperation of the community.

Especially for analysing which parts are already existent.

.

--
http://laz...