cache table implementation

Navindra Umanee

Does anyone have a cache table implementation for Ruby that expires
entries on a least-recently-used basis?

Thanks,
Navin.

5 Answers

Austin Ziegler

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:11:58 +0900, Navindra Umanee
<navindra@cs.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Does anyone have a cache table implementation for Ruby that expires
> entries on a least-recently-used basis?

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/r...

I haven't ever used it, but it claims to use LRU. Both the RAA
(raa.ruby-lang.org) and RubyForge are your friends for this sort of
thing (although I found it through google: ruby lru cache).

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com
* Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca

Navindra Umanee

Austin Ziegler <halostatue@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/r...
>
> I haven't ever used it, but it claims to use LRU. Both the RAA
> (raa.ruby-lang.org) and RubyForge are your friends for this sort of
> thing (although I found it through google: ruby lru cache).

Thanks, you're right. I did some Google searches with not much luck,
then realised I should look at other resources.

I didn't actually find this particular one. Seems like it might be a
bit old but there's a whole Library/Cache section on RAA. I'm looking
through that right now... some stuff seems to have disappeared
unfortunately.

Cheers,
Navin.

George Moschovitis

You can find a cache implementation in the Nitro distribution:

www.rubyforge.com/projects/nitro

in the file:

lib/glue/cache.rb

-g.

Michael Neumann

George Moschovitis wrote:
> You can find a cache implementation in the Nitro distribution:
>
> www.rubyforge.com/projects/nitro
>
> in the file:
>
> lib/glue/cache.rb

Or here: ;-)

http://www.ntecs.de/viewcvs/viewcvs/Wee/trunk/...

Regards,

Michael

ruby talk

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:22:31 +0900, Michael Neumann <mneumann@ntecs.de> wrote:
> George Moschovitis wrote:
> > You can find a cache implementation in the Nitro distribution:
> >
> > www.rubyforge.com/projects/nitro
> >
> > in the file:
> >
> > lib/glue/cache.rb
>
> Or here: ;-)
>
> http://www.ntecs.de/viewcvs/viewcvs/Wee/trunk/...

And there's a simple object cache in Catapult (and, in a way, that's
basically all Catapult is, a WEBrick-hosted, URL-driven object cache),
though it never bothers to drop anything (but that's on purpose, since
that's a function better added via a dynamically loaded object, under
the principle of Don't Do Anything You Can Get Someone/Something Else
To Do Using Some Ruby Meta-programming, usually shortened to
DDAYCGS/SETDUSRMp. )

http://catapult.ruby...

James