SIGALRM available?

Guillaume Marcais

2/14/2005 8:00:00 PM

Is SIGALRM (on Linux) available for a Ruby app to redefine, or is it
used internally by Ruby (or some very often used libraries)?

Guillaume.

4 Answers

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: SIGALRM available?"
on Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:00:03 +0900, Guillaume Marcais <guslist@free.fr> writes:

|Is SIGALRM (on Linux) available for a Ruby app to redefine, or is it
|used internally by Ruby (or some very often used libraries)?

You can use SIGALRM. SIGVTALRM is reserved for threads.

matz.

Guillaume Marcais

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 08:59 +0900, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: SIGALRM available?"
> on Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:00:03 +0900, Guillaume Marcais <guslist@free.fr> writes:
>
> |Is SIGALRM (on Linux) available for a Ruby app to redefine, or is it
> |used internally by Ruby (or some very often used libraries)?
>
> You can use SIGALRM. SIGVTALRM is reserved for threads.

Great, thanks.

Guillaume.

> matz.

weberm

Infinity@captaininfinity.us wrote:
>Once Upon A Time,
>tenworld wrote:

>>I am enjoying working thru the Rifleman episodes on AMC, altho I fast
>>forward thru the mushy Mark is hurt/sick/lost episodes.

I am enjoying them too, but how long was the show on the air?
I was rather surprised to see some continuity on thisd show.

>Which episode is this image from?
>http://monkeyblogmonkeydo.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/rifl...
>
>I wanna make sure I skip that one.

"Lucas Gets Wood"?

--
"If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the
21st century."

weberm

Save@Resources.now wrote:

>Almost as creepy as this pic from Star Trek:
>http://cheezburger.com/HowdyCuz/lolz/View/...
>
>LOL

BWAH! Is that for real or was the image tinkered with?