Re: Printing why's (poignant) guide to ruby

Kloubakov, Yura

2/14/2005 4:48:00 PM

I've learned algebra a long time ago too, but don't think there is
a solution for 'a' in this equation :)

Yura.
3 Answers

Alexander Kellett

On Feb 14, 2005, at 5:48 PM, Kloubakov, Yura wrote:

> [...]

1 = 1 + 1/a
0 = 1/a
0*a = 1
0 = 1 (or the much easier a - a = 1, 0 = 1, but thats more
obviously stupid :P)

but thats obvious ain't it? ;)

Martin DeMello

Kloubakov, Yura <YKloubakov@ftxs.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> [...]

irb(main):001:0> a = 1.0/0
=> Infinity
irb(main):002:0> a == (a+1)
=> true

"D".intern

martin

Caio Tiago Oliveira

Martin DeMello, 14/2/2005 14:19:
> Kloubakov, Yura <YKloubakov@ftxs.fujitsu.com> wrote:

Jokers guys.

a = a + 1

it's only one variable to one equation.
I've learned that we can do that.

:D

We can do that with algebra, but don't with Ruby.