rubytorrent q

inunaator

2/14/2005 4:21:00 PM

Can this be edited this way that the client reports to the tracker or
sth that i have uploaded X times more than i actually have?

4 Answers

William Morgan

Excerpts from inunaator's mail of 14 Feb 2005 (EST):
> Can this be edited this way that the client reports to the tracker or
> sth that i have uploaded X times more than i actually have?

Yes. That wouldn't help with transfer rates, but it would be "useful"
if you're a member of an index site that uses those statistics to grant
you priviledges/access/fame.

It's also possible to modify the python clients, and probably Azareus
too (Java decompiling is not too difficult.)

AFAIK, there is no effective way for trackers to confirm the validity of
those numbers. This is a feature of the BitTorrent protocol, not of
RubyTorrent.

--
William <wmorgan-ruby-talk@masanjin.net>

Marcelo (PC)

Hello there!

I'm just started with Ruby and I would like to connect to MySQL using
Windows.. However, when I run the next statement:

C:\mysql-ruby-2.5>ruby extconf.rb

I get the following:

checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in m.lib... yes
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in z.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in socket.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in nsl.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no

I have installed the latest Ruby version, as well as the MySQL engine. Any
idea whats happening?

Really appreciated!

Cheers!!

--
Este correo esta libre de virus!

Joao Pedrosa

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 06:34:50 +0900, Marcelo (PC) <paniagua@pcmxl.com.mx> wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> I'm just started with Ruby and I would like to connect to MySQL using
> Windows.. However, when I run the next statement:
>
> C:\mysql-ruby-2.5>ruby extconf.rb
>
> I get the following:
>
> checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
> checking for main() in m.lib... yes
> checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
> checking for main() in z.lib... no
> checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
> checking for main() in socket.lib... no
> checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
> checking for main() in nsl.lib... no
> checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
>
> I have installed the latest Ruby version, as well as the MySQL engine. Any
> idea whats happening?

Use the pure Ruby mysql driver on Windows:
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/r...

Or try to find an already compiled driver. Because it's to hard to
compile it by ourselves. I tried it yesterday. Maybe I could try to
find a better MySQL version to compile against. Anyway, don't lose
sleep over this. :-)

Cheers,
Joao

Marcelo (PC)