[ANN] Recipe Browser 0.4

Belorion

2/11/2005 10:19:00 PM

After Curt Hibbs great article on Onlamp, I realized I should get off
my rump and actually port this to Rails (especially considering the
example he chose to use).

The project is hosted on rubyforge, and can be found at
http://rubyforge.org/projec.... There are screen shots
available on the project wiki (accessable through rubyforge).

Recipe Browser 0.4
----------------------------

- Ported to a Ruby-on-Rails implementation
- More robust search
- Search by inclusion/exclusion on ingredients and categories
- Search by source
- Search for rating or spiciness >= or < a specified value
- Any combination of the above! :)
- Attach files. My motivation for this was to be able to upload
a scanned image of the original recipe (for the sake of posterity,
such as the recipe originally written in great-grandma's handwriting),
or, alternatively, a picture of the final product of the recipe.
- Recipe scaling (double, triple, halve, etc.)
- Ability to edit sources
- Dynamic categorization. User is not restricted to certain
categories, and a recipe can belong to more than 1 category.

Future Directions:
Support optional user authentication for view and/or edit.
Index card style printing
Improved look/feel
any other suggestions are welcome