cgi problem

Javier Valencia

2/8/2005 4:13:00 PM

Hi, i'm trying to work with cgi objects.
Most of them are working, but one is not working. The problem is that
the browser stalls in the loading status and nothing happens. I see in
the process tree that ruby is executing the script but is stalled.
If I remove the cgi creation in the script, then it works.

The part of the script that breaks all is:

cgi = CGI.new("html4")
session = CGI::Session.new(cgi,
'session_expires' => Time.now + 60,
'prefix' => 'rubyweb')

and the script is called from another one that generates:

cgi.form("post", "checkpass.rb") do
cgi.text_field("user") +
cgi.text_field("password") +
cgi.submit
end

When i hit submit, all gets stalled.
What can i do?
Thanks

1 Answer

Javier Valencia

Javier Valencia wrote:

> Hi, i'm trying to work with cgi objects.
> Most of them are working, but one is not working. The problem is that
> the browser stalls in the loading status and nothing happens. I see in
> the process tree that ruby is executing the script but is stalled.
> If I remove the cgi creation in the script, then it works.
>
> The part of the script that breaks all is:
>
> cgi = CGI.new("html4")
> session = CGI::Session.new(cgi,
> 'session_expires' => Time.now + 60,
> 'prefix' => 'rubyweb')
>
> and the script is called from another one that generates:
>
> cgi.form("post", "checkpass.rb") do
> cgi.text_field("user") +
> cgi.text_field("password") +
> cgi.submit
> end
>
> When i hit submit, all gets stalled.
> What can i do?
> Thanks

I can't get it working, if i use the script directly, it works, but if
it's called from a form, it doesn't works.
Is CGI::Session broken?