[ANN] Net::SSH 1.0.0

Jamis Buck

2/7/2005 12:08:00 AM

Net::SSH 1.0 is finally available. From version 0.0.1 released back in
June until now, there have been many, many changes and new features,
and this latest release is the most stable, most SSH2-compatible
release yet.

User manual: http://docs.jamisbuck.org/r...
API: http://net-ssh.rubyfor...
Project page: http://rubyforge.org/projec...
Subversion: http://www.jamisbuck.org/s...

This release has the following new features and significant bug fixes:

* Password can be programmatically specified for the
'keyboard-authentication' method.

* All unit tests pass on Windows now.

* Channels now respect their own local window and maximum packet
sizes, and report reasonable values to the server. This fixes a
bug that caused problems when large quantities of data were
requested of the server and certain server maximums were being
exceeded.

* Client name is determined in a more robust manner.

* Fixed hostbased bug.

* Authentication process is now aware of the authentication methods
reported by the server as having a chance of succeeding, and no
longer attempts those methods that cannot possibly succeed.

Various other minor bugs were fixed as well.

Net::SSH now enters the "maintenance" phase of its lifecycle. I do not
have any plans at this point to add new features to Net::SSH itself,
but if you have any ideas that would make it better, please don't
hesitate to submit a feature request.

Enjoy!

--
Jamis Buck
jamis_buck@byu.edu

2 Answers

Robert McGovern

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:07:53 +0900, Jamis Buck <jamis_buck@byu.edu> wrote:
> Net::SSH 1.0 is finally available.

Congrats on reaching 1.0 Jamis, this is a great and very useful package!

Tobias Luetke

Thanks jamis,

This is one of the most useful libraries around. Big congrats on 1.0

http://www.sn... - Snowboards that don't suck
http://www.h... - Open source book authoring
http://blog.le... - Technical weblog