installing rubydevelop

moma

2/6/2005 7:06:00 PM

Hello,

I try to install "rubydevelop" (
http://rub.../projects/ru... ).

It does not include any install procedure or setup.rb. So I simply run
the "rubydevelop" file directly, but it reports an error.

$ cd ~/ruby/rubydevelop
$ ./rubydevelop

"Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Couldn't find package gnome2"

----------------------------------

1) Where to find this gnome2 (and gtk2 if it's required too)?

This PC has "gems" but it does not know about "gnome" or "gtk".
( http://rubygems.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Quick_In... )

# gem q -r -n "gnome|gtk"
-

----------------------------------

2) Where do you download missing ruby-libraries ?
- gems install package
- http://rub...
- Other places ?

----------------------------------

3) Where to put library files such as ruby-gtk and ruby-gnome. Do they
need to be in a standard, fixed location ?

4) Why INSTALL and README files are missing in many cases? ;)

----------------------------------

This pc:

Linux customer.alfanett.no 2.6.9-1.724_FC3 #1 Sun Jan 2 15:43:49 EST
GNU/Linux

100.times { p "TIA" }
// moma

1 Answer