Re: Compile stand-alone non-installed ruby

> Lähettäjä: Asfand Yar Qazi <see@message.body.com>
> Aihe: Compile stand-alone non-installed ruby
>
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to compile Ruby so that it doesn't need to be installed
> into any one location to be run? So when I write a game with it, I
> just let the user install it wherever they want and it runs from
> there, and can find its own modules and stuff relative to the binary's
> directory location?

Have you taken a look at Erik Veenstra's Rubyscript2exe?

www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/

> Thanks,
> Asfand Yar

Asfand Yar Qazi

E S wrote:
>>Lähettäjä: Asfand Yar Qazi <see@message.body.com>
>>Aihe: Compile stand-alone non-installed ruby
>>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Is it possible to compile Ruby so that it doesn't need to be installed
>>into any one location to be run? So when I write a game with it, I
>>just let the user install it wherever they want and it runs from
>>there, and can find its own modules and stuff relative to the binary's
>>directory location?
>

> Have you taken a look at Erik Veenstra's Rubyscript2exe?
>
> www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/

I'd rather do it as a custom job myself, thanks. That will allow
adding and removing of individual files after installation.

Also, I need to be able to access data files and stuff.

Also, I'm going to have one 'base' package that when installed, will
run all my games. I don't wanna distribute the same stuff with every
game, seeing as the games are quite small individually.

So I'd prefer help compiling the interpreter myself, and figuring out
some way of setting paths at run-time.

Thanks,
Asfand Yar