Re: Running a Ruby installation off a CD (under Windows

georgesawyer

2/5/2005 12:30:00 PM

Harry Ohlsen <harryo@qiqsolutions.com> Jul 24, 2003 at 06:39 PM wrote:
>I've written some stuff I'd like to show to someone who doesn't already
have Ruby installed ... [on] Windows. Before I start hacking at it, has
anyone tried to do this before?

Try RubyScript2Exe. It worked for me!

http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/...

With kind regards!

1 Answer

Erik Veenstra

> So, I plan to try copying an install of Ruby for Windows onto
> a CD-ROM. My stuff is purely console-based, so all I need is
> ruby.exe and the libraries (and relatively few of those, I
> guess).
>
> I'm asuming I can create a batch file to set up the
> appropriate environment variables to allow ruby.exe to find
> the libraries (although, that will presumably require
> tweaking, to stick in the drive letter of their CD-ROM).
>
> Before I start hacking at it, has anyone tried to do this
> before? If so, any advice?

I think you're looking for AllInOneRuby [1]. It's made for
exactly these kind of situations...

gegroet,
Erik V.

[1] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/allinoneruby/...