rss/maker?

Bil Kleb

2/4/2005 1:22:00 PM

A recent Damage Control announcement thanked Chad
for rss/maker. Can someone point me to an example
use? Or explain the problem it addresses?

Thanks
--
Bil Kleb, Hampton, Virginia
3 Answers

Sam Roberts

Quoteing Bil.Kleb@NASA.Gov, on Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 10:25:38PM +0900:
> A recent Damage Control announcement thanked Chad

Could you give a URL for the article?

> for rss/maker. Can someone point me to an example
> use? Or explain the problem it addresses?

Is this the rss/maker in the std lib? I though it was by "kou". If thats
the one, it exists because the underlying API is hard to use, because it
reflects RSS structurally, rather than 'intention' of structure. This is good, it
is powerful, but hard to use.

Example of using rss/maker is:

http://vpim.rubyforge.org/ics-...

Cheers,
Sam

Chad Fowler

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 22:25:38 +0900, Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb@nasa.gov> wrote:
> A recent Damage Control announcement thanked Chad
> for rss/maker. Can someone point me to an example
> use? Or explain the problem it addresses?

Oh, I didn't see that one! I didn't write rss/maker. I did an old
RSS lib for Ruby, but it's bee n a long time.

Chad Fowler
http://chad...
http://rubyc...
http://ruby...
http://rubygems.rub... (over 50,000 gems served!)

Bil Kleb

Sam Roberts wrote:
> Quoteing Bil.Kleb@NASA.Gov, on Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 10:25:38PM +0900:
>>A recent Damage Control announcement thanked Chad
>
> Could you give a URL for the article?

It appeared in Damage Control's user mailing list, specifically,

http://archive.damagecontrol.codehaus.org/user/threads/conackkiac...

Regards
--
Bil Kleb, Hampton, Virginia