Fwd: Mangled submission for Quiz#17

James Gray

2/4/2005 12:09:00 AM

Foster, Graham wrote ..
> Hi
> The process of submission of my quiz response seems to have been
>
> A) Excluded from your download <cry>

The "Download Solutions" tarball is built automatically when I send in
the summary. I didn't have your solution archived by then.

This is probably my fault. The domain change has me monitoring four
different locations right now (I'm shifting several domains), so I'm
not seeing things as fast as I normally do. This issue will resolve
itself as I finish the transfers, hopefully very soon now.

I'm currently building Ruby Quiz 2.0. With that, I'm going to try and
store solutions directly in the site (if I can work out all the
complications). When I make that change, and port the old quizzes, I
hope to be able to go back and include the late posts that have slipped
through the cracks here and there.

I'm sorry I didn't have your solution up before the summary hit.

> B) Seriously mangled on your listing (UUENcoded perhaps??) <horror!>

I just went back and checked the message that came across Ruby Talk.
Your code was attached just fine.

Let me guess, you're looking through the archives on the "blade"
server? I see this problem there, from time to time. (Anyone know
why?) However, if you check Google, you'll see it's fine there too:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/brow...
thread/8b6a6f14b69177d5/3e3043214fba9c32?
q=[QUIZ]&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fcomp.lang.ruby%2Fsearch%3Fq%3D[QUIZ]%26start%3
D0%26scoring%3Dd%26&_doneTitle=Back+to+Search&&d#3e3043214fba9c32

Hope that helps.

James Edward Gray II