anybody found a way to translate matz's blog?

Sam Roberts

1/31/2005 1:57:00 AM

Example page is:

http://www.rubyist.net/~matz/200...

I'm trying babelfish, but it hangs, and I'm trying systran, but it gives
me the page in the original kana...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Sam

5 Answers

Bill Kelly

From: "Sam Roberts" <sroberts@uniserve.com>
> Example page is:
>
> http://www.rubyist.net/~matz/200...
>

> I'm trying babelfish, but it hangs, and I'm trying systran, but it gives
> me the page in the original kana...
>
> Any other suggestions?

Google -> Language Tools -> URL from Japanese to English (BETA)
seemed to handle it.

Some of it came out a little "ALL YOUR BASE"...

According to the Guido van Rossum the Ruby is " seems like an
accident attempt IN cleaning up Perl " what. You say.

WHAT YOU SAY !!

fun :)

HTH,

Bill

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: anybody found a way to translate matz's blog?"
on Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:56:40 +0900, Sam Roberts <sroberts@uniserve.com> writes:

|Example page is:
|
| http://www.rubyist.net/~matz/200...

Some of them are translated into http://redhanded.... by some
volunteers from Japan.

matz.

Sam Roberts

Quoteing billk@cts.com, on Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 11:22:02AM +0900:
> From: "Sam Roberts" <sroberts@uniserve.com>
> > Example page is:
> >
> > http://www.rubyist.net/~matz/200...
> >

> > I'm trying babelfish, but it hangs, and I'm trying systran, but it gives
> > me the page in the original kana...
> >
> > Any other suggestions?
>
> Google -> Language Tools -> URL from Japanese to English (BETA)
> seemed to handle it.
>
> Some of it came out a little "ALL YOUR BASE"...

Wow. Actually, I think I understood more with my 10 year old japanese...

But google still did better than the rest, thanks!

Sam

gabriele renzi

Sam Roberts ha scritto:
> Quoteing billk@cts.com, on Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 11:22:02AM +0900:
>
>>From: "Sam Roberts" <sroberts@uniserve.com>
>>
>>>Example page is:
>>>
>>> http://www.rubyist.net/~matz/200...
>>>

>>>I'm trying babelfish, but it hangs, and I'm trying systran, but it gives
>>>me the page in the original kana...
>>>
>>>Any other suggestions?
>>
>>Google -> Language Tools -> URL from Japanese to English (BETA)
>>seemed to handle it.
>>
>>Some of it came out a little "ALL YOUR BASE"...
>

> Wow. Actually, I think I understood more with my 10 year old japanese...
>
> But google still did better than the rest, thanks!

the excite engine seem better to me

Martin DeMello

Bill Kelly <billk@cts.com> wrote:

> According to the Guido van Rossum the Ruby is " seems like an
> accident attempt IN cleaning up Perl " what. You say.
>

> WHAT YOU SAY !!

I burst out laughing in the office :)

martin