Joe Bonavita

11/6/2002 4:06:00 PM

Is there a way to have a single code base for the 2 different OS's or is
there a J2ME that will work on the Pocket PC?

4 Answers

Edward J. Stembler

MMIT works perfectly fine on Palm. I've been testing my
application using HandSpring's Blazer WAP browser on the
Palm m505 emulator and the PalmOS 5 simulator. In
addition, Palm now has their own WAP browser with PalmOS 5
SDK.

Joe Bonavita

I wasn't thinking of a Web app but more like a regular app. I should have
been more clear.

Unless of course MMIT can create something to run locally rather the via a
web server...

"Edward J. Stembler" <estembler@hirecheck.com> wrote in message
> MMIT works perfectly fine on Palm. I've been testing my
> application using HandSpring's Blazer WAP browser on the
> Palm m505 emulator and the PalmOS 5 simulator. In
> addition, Palm now has their own WAP browser with PalmOS 5
> SDK.

Edward J. Stembler

Oh okay, I see.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to have a
common code base, unless Pocket PC supports J2ME. I know
the Pocket PC supports eMb VB/C++, and the newer Pocket PC
supports .Net (CF). The Palm OS supports J2ME, C/C++
using their SDK (MetroWerks or GCC), and someone supports
psuedo-VB (AppForge).

(Cybernetski)

Actually, Appforge supports VB (it works in the VB IDE) across Palm,
PocketPC, and Symbian (Nokia) devices. The code works on all the
platforms.