Make an Impact printer print in Non Graphical Mode in .NET

AlexCode

11/5/2002 1:28:00 PM

What i wanted to know is if there is a way for me to print a report to
a EPSON LQ-300 impact 24-pin printer in DOS mode.
So far, the only way i'm able to print is in graphic mode using the
windows driver witch takes me 10+ time longer to print a plain text page!

I even made a class witch exports the report to a .txt file but even this
way
i can't make it print the way i want.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much.

1 Answer

Steven Spits

I know how I fixed this in VB6 : open a "LPT:" file and write stuff to it.
Can't .NET send characters to a LPT or COM port?