Example for Sybase 12.0 please

JK

11/5/2002 2:06:00 AM

I have an ODBC connection to my Sybase ASE 12.0 database, which has been
tested and works correctly, so I know I can establish a connection to the
database. The ODBC DSN is "BRCCS_CLNT"

The following are the main connection information for the Database:
Machine Name: Athlon
Server Name: ATHLON
Port: 5000
UserID: Admin
Password: password
Database (catalog): master

I would like to execute the following statement: Select name, phyname from
sysdevices

Could someone create a simple function (or subroutine) that would connect to
the database, run the command and display the returned data with
console.writeline().

I would appreciate a list of the imports needed at the top of the
module/form/class etc.

I think I can do native OLE but I have to find the Client Install disk from
Sybase, so I would like to start with OLE for ODBC.

Please be very specific, I am comming from a Powerbuilder background and am
not used to all these objects that seem to be required to talk to the
database.

Thank you for your time,

JK.