Holdgaj

10/31/2002 4:10:00 PM

I'm teaching myslef C# by writing a program in GDI+ to display Arpeggios
(I'm a musician) & it would be great to play the notes through MIDI - can't
find any reference to sound support anywhere ...

3 Answers

NETMaster

.NET 1.0 has no multimedia (or midi) support.

Try:
http://www.gotdotnet.com/userarea/keywordsrch.aspx?ke...

http://www.mentalis.org/soft/clas...

http://www.allapi.net/classlib/index.php?category=...

--
Thomas Scheidegger - MVP .NET - 'NETMaster'
http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_d... - http://dnetm...

"Holdgaj" <holdgaj@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:QKbw9.4929$Ir6.2213@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...
> I'm teaching myslef C# by writing a program in GDI+ to display Arpeggios
> (I'm a musician) & it would be great to play the notes through MIDI - can't
> find any reference to sound support anywhere ...

paul woudwijk

http://www.un4seen....

you should use bass.dll,bass_wma.dll,bass_fx.dll and for
compatibility with the donnetframework nBass.dll.

you could also wait for DX9 ( like all of us )

keyword=midi

> http://www.mentalis.org/soft/clas...
>
> http://www.allapi.net/classlib/...
category=Multimedia

>--
> Thomas Scheidegger - MVP .NET - 'NETMaster'
> http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_d... -
http://dnetm...

>"Holdgaj" <holdgaj@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> I'm teaching myslef C# by writing a program in GDI+ to
display Arpeggios
>> (I'm a musician) & it would be great to play the notes
through MIDI - can't
>> find any reference to sound support anywhere ...
>

>.

NETMaster

> you could also wait for DX9 ( like all of us )

The question was for MIDI...

I'm no expert in this, but AFAIK "Managed DirectX 9" will only have
DirectSound support, no DirectMusic (thus no MIDI).