MMIT Device Update 2 -WML support

Himanshu

10/31/2002 8:48:00 PM

Hi

Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit Device Update 2
supports which standard of WML?
I have 5810 Black Berry which is based on WML 1.2.1
(based on the info from support center)

Thanks
Himanshu
5 Answers

Baccarin

Himanshu,

Did MS launch MIT Device Update 2? Can you give me the url to download?

Thanks,

Baccarin.

"Himanshu" <Himanshu@hcet.fiu.edu> escreveu na mensagem
> Hi
>
> Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit Device Update 2
> supports which standard of WML?
> I have 5810 Black Berry which is based on WML 1.2.1
> (based on the info from support center)
>
> Thanks
> Himanshu

Andrew Enfield

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sam...
l=/msdn-files/027/001/955/msdncompositedoc.xml

Released 10/28.

Hope this helps,
Andrew

"Baccarin" <pekus@pekus.com.br> wrote in message
> Himanshu,
>
> Did MS launch MIT Device Update 2? Can you give me the url to download?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Baccarin.
>
> "Himanshu" <Himanshu@hcet.fiu.edu> escreveu na mensagem
> > Hi
> >
> > Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit Device Update 2
> > supports which standard of WML?
> > I have 5810 Black Berry which is based on WML 1.2.1
> > (based on the info from support center)
> >
> > Thanks
> > Himanshu

(Mike Moore [MS])

Hi Himanshu,

MMIT currently supports WSL 1.2.
I believe the Black Berry 5810 has some options to allow content that is
other than WML 1.2.1. I don't have one of those devices. But, I'm still
trying to track down how to get it to work with the current MMIT.

Thank you, Mike Moore
Microsoft, ASP.NET

--------------------
>From: "Himanshu" <Himanshu@hcet.fiu.edu>
>Sender: "Himanshu" <Himanshu@hcet.fiu.edu>
>Subject: MMIT Device Update 2 -WML support
>Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:48:58 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
>
>Hi
>
> Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit Device Update 2
>supports which standard of WML?
> I have 5810 Black Berry which is based on WML 1.2.1
>(based on the info from support center)
>
>Thanks
>Himanshu

(Patrick C. Cole (MS))

Himanshu,

We have not been able to determin if the Black Berry 5810 can swtich it's
mode to allow a different markup langauge. At this time I am continuing to
research to see if this is possible, but I would suggest contacting the
manufacturer of the device to see if there is anything they can offer in
regards to reverting to a previous support level for WML.

I hope this information helps,

Patrick Cole
Microsoft Developer Support

You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
--------------------
| From: michmo@online.microsoft.com ("Mike Moore [MS]")
| Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 01:29:25 GMT
| Subject: RE: MMIT Device Update 2 -WML support
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
|
| Hi Himanshu,
|
| MMIT currently supports WSL 1.2.
| I believe the Black Berry 5810 has some options to allow content that is
| other than WML 1.2.1. I don't have one of those devices. But, I'm still
| trying to track down how to get it to work with the current MMIT.
|
| Thank you, Mike Moore
| Microsoft, ASP.NET
|
| This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

| --------------------
| >From: "Himanshu" <Himanshu@hcet.fiu.edu>
| >Sender: "Himanshu" <Himanshu@hcet.fiu.edu>
| >Subject: MMIT Device Update 2 -WML support
| >Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:48:58 -0800
| >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
| >
| >Hi
| >
| > Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit Device Update 2
| >supports which standard of WML?
| > I have 5810 Black Berry which is based on WML 1.2.1
| >(based on the info from support center)
| >
| >Thanks
| >Himanshu

(Patrick C. Cole (MS))

Himanshu,

Unfortunately I do not have access to the device to be certain if it can be
switched back to support an ealier version. I suggest you contact the
manufacturuer and see if there is anything else they can offer as to what
levels of WML the device will support.

Patrick Cole
Microsoft Developer Support

You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
--------------------
| From: patcole@online.microsoft.com (Patrick C. Cole (MS))
| Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 22:03:13 GMT
| Subject: RE: MMIT Device Update 2 -WML support
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
|
| Himanshu,
|
| We have not been able to determin if the Black Berry 5810 can swtich it's
| mode to allow a different markup langauge. At this time I am continuing
| research to see if this is possible, but I would suggest contacting the
| manufacturer of the device to see if there is anything they can offer in
| regards to reverting to a previous support level for WML.
|
| I hope this information helps,
|
| Patrick Cole
| Microsoft Developer Support

rights.
| You assume all risk for your use. © 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All
rights
| reserved.
| --------------------
| | From: michmo@online.microsoft.com ("Mike Moore [MS]")
| | Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 01:29:25 GMT
| | Subject: RE: MMIT Device Update 2 -WML support
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
| |
| | Hi Himanshu,
| |
| | MMIT currently supports WSL 1.2.
| | I believe the Black Berry 5810 has some options to allow content that
is
| | other than WML 1.2.1. I don't have one of those devices. But, I'm still
| | trying to track down how to get it to work with the current MMIT.
| |
| | Thank you, Mike Moore
| | Microsoft, ASP.NET
| |
| | This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.
| |
| | --------------------
| | >From: "Himanshu" <Himanshu@hcet.fiu.edu>
| | >Sender: "Himanshu" <Himanshu@hcet.fiu.edu>
| | >Subject: MMIT Device Update 2 -WML support
| | >Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:48:58 -0800
| | >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
| | >
| | >Hi
| | >
| | > Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit Device Update 2
| | >supports which standard of WML?
| | > I have 5810 Black Berry which is based on WML 1.2.1
| | >(based on the info from support center)
| | >
| | >Thanks
| | >Himanshu

| |