Himanshu

10/31/2002 5:48:00 PM

Hi

I have BlackBerry 5810 . I have written a mobile
application using Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit.It
works fine with other hand held devices but doesn't work
with BlackBerry 5810.
This device does not appear in list of tested devices on
Microsoft Website. What should be done so that mobile
application works on this device also?

Thanks
Himanshu
3 Answers

chetan

Hi Himanshu,

Well as per my knowledge Microsoft claims supporting
around 80 devices but if you go protocol wise they are
supporting only 4 or 5 different protocols which doesn't
include latest WML 1.3 I guess. You can better recheck
with some one else also coz I'm not very sure. You need to
find out BlackBerry 5810 works on which protocol
standards. Based on protocol you can later on check with
MS when they are planning to take out next release which
is compatible with that protocol.

Regards,
Chetan

Himanshu

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for information. I will try to find out from
Blackberry and Microsoft.

Thanks

Himanshu

(Mike Moore [MS])

Hi Himanshu,

QUESTION
Does MMIT support BlackBerry 5810?
Does MMIT support WML 1.2.1?

ANSWER
Neither BlackBerry 5810 nor WML 1.2.1 are supported at this time.
Currently, MMIT supports WML 1.2.

Thank you, Mike Moore
Microsoft, ASP.NET