Re: DotNet, Informix, Merant, DataDirect (Resolved)

Steve Schroeder

10/14/2002 8:28:00 PM

Actually, the solution is false. From the .Net Framework Help on
SqlConnection Class:

A SqlConnection object represents a unique session to a SQL Server data
source. In the case of a client/server database system, it is equivalent to
a network connection to the server. SqlConnection is used in conjunction
with SqlDataAdapter and SqlCommand to increase performance when connecting
to a Microsoft SQL Server database. For all third-party SQL server products,
as well as other OLE DB-supported data sources, use OleDbConnection.

So..the issue still exists. If anyone has any ideas, please post. I've also
contacted the vendor, Merant.

Thanks

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=35715&area=se...